Broken infoboxes[edit source]
- Images work in some infobox templates, such as Template:Infobox building, but not in others. I'm currently working on trying to figure out why this is. Thanks, Reschultzed (talk) 21:59, 14 August 2020 (UTC)
- Images should work in all infoboxes now. Thanks for prodding me to look into this, @Monirec. Reschultzed (talk) 02:34, 15 August 2020 (UTC)
Page Deletion Request[edit source]
Can you please delete 2508 West New Haven Avenue (Melbourne, Florida), as it's incorrect, the correct page is 2508 West New Haven Avenue (West Melbourne, Florida). Sorry for the mistake, whether or not an address is in Melbourne or West Melbourne changes depending on which side of West New Haven Avenue it is on, and so I got it confused.
- I have set the first article to redirect to the second, which is what I would recommend rather than deleting it entirely. Thanks, Reschultzed (talk) 16:23, 15 August 2020 (UTC)
- Good idea. How's this? Reschultzed (talk) 02:27, 15 October 2020 (UTC)
template hard help[edit source]
Currently Template:MissingCat uses Template:Notice, but I am not sure if this is right. Another thing is, I am sure that the colour of the MissingCat template should be similiar/same as Template:Uncategorized on English Wikipedia. Can anyone help? - Monirec (talk) 13:37, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- Do you think it should be replaced with a template based off of Template:Uncategorized? I could try to do that. Reschultzed (talk) 17:57, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
Color coding for road tables[edit source]
Some time ago i experimented with color coding different places in road tables. But it is currently a mess, with each color being a seperate template. If there are any knowledgeable people who are able to make it better (possibly by putting it all in one template, and selecting the color using a single word), you are free to do so. P.S. Commerical and health are currently the same color, anybody knows how to separate them?
- Monirec (talk) 09:51, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
- When in doubt, I'd recommend using the colors from the OpenStreetMap standard layer. Also, in terms of table formatting, I recommend you check out the standards I've been developing on pages like Main Street (Racine, Wisconsin). Reschultzed (talk) 07:13, 27 November 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry I wasn't able to get to this until now. It's buried in the source code, but it looks like that location is store #45. Looking up "krispy kreme #45 atlanta" brings up some job listings and business records that seem to confirm it. -Reschultzed (talk) 07:56, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
Possible Bluepages and OpenHistoricalMap integration?[edit source]
OpenHistoricalMap is an OSM-based website, that aims to create a historical map database.
- I think cooperation between Bluepages and OHM would be a great idea, and it would be interesting to see what kind of cooperation would be possible. While I have quite a bit of experience editing OSM, I really don't know the first thing about how to integrate two services like these together. I imagine there'd need to be a working group of people with a lot of MediaWiki and OSM software experience to make that work. But since nearly every Bluepages article has a coord tag, it would be especially great to have something that can put those on a map, organize and sort them based on the contents of the article they come from, and go from there. If you or anyone else has more thoughts on how this could be done, I'd be really happy to work with them on that. -Reschultzed (talk) 08:05, 1 March 2021 (UTC)