|Address||4324 West Waco Drive|
|Opened||September 23, 1965|
|Closed||September 5, 1994|
|Retail floor area||98,800 square feet (9,180 m2)|
|Replaced by||Kmart #4948|
|Next tenant||Stein Mart #129, OfficeMax #592, Hancock Fabrics #1527, and AT&T|
Kmart #4012 was a Kmart discount department store located at Kmart Plaza, 4324 West Waco Drive in Waco, Texas. The store opened on September 23, 1965, and was the largest store in the chain at the time of opening. In 1984, the store would be remodeled, with a grand reopening ceremony on May 23. In 1992, the store would be expanded and remodeled from a pre-1972 full-size model Kmart, with a grand reopening ceremony on April 30. The store closed on September 3, 1994, when it was replaced by Kmart 4948.
References[edit | edit source]
- K mart Corporation, Sales Taxpayer Search, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Roznovsky, Ann. "Waco's K mart: Model Center." Waco Times-Herald, September 22, 1965, p. 13A.
- Advertisement, Waco Tribune-Herald, May 22, 1984, p. 8A.
- Collier, Jana. "K mart gets a new look both inside and out." Waco Tribune-Herald, April 19, 1992, p. 1B.
- Full-page advertisement, Waco Tribune-Herald, August 28, 1994, p. 11A.