Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Address||3809 South General Bruce Drive|
|Opened||October 24, 1974|
|Closed||April 13, 2003|
|Type||Group 3 full-size|
|Retail floor area||84,180 square feet (7,821 m2)|
|Next tenant||AT&T, CitiFinancial, The UPS Store, Miracle Ear, Vapor Domain, Central Texas Gold Exchange, Temple Family Dentistry, Smarty Pants, Super Nails, Batteries Plus Bulbs, and Animal Emergency Center|
|Coordinates||31°05′19″N 97°23′16″W / 31.08865°N 97.38781°WCoordinates: 31°05′19″N 97°23′16″W / 31.08865°N 97.38781°W|
Kmart #3217 was a Kmart discount department store located at 3809 South General Bruce Drive in Temple, Texas. The store opened on October 24, 1974 as the 50th Kmart in Texas, and one of three stores to open that day for a total of 761 Kmarts overall. In 1999, the store would be converted to Big Kmart, with a grand re-opening ceremony on August 13. The store ultimately closed on April 13, 2003.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ K mart Corporation, Sales Taxpayer Search, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- ↑ "K Mart In Temple To Open On Oct. 24." Temple Daily Telegram, October 24, 1974.
- ↑ Bedford, David. "Temple's Kmart adds new features." Temple Daily Telegram, August 14, 1999.
- ↑ Advertisement, Temple Daily Telegram, April 11, 2003.
- ↑ "Kmart latest" spreadsheet.