|Location||Riverpointe Shopping Center|
|Address||230 South Loop 336 West|
|Opened||November 16, 1989|
|Closed||April 13, 2003|
|Retail floor area||86,479 square feet (8,034.2 m2)|
|Next tenant||Incredible Pizza Company and Champion Forest Baptist Church|
Kmart #3648 was a Kmart discount department store located at Riverpointe Shopping Center, 230 South Loop 336 West in Conroe, Texas. The store opened on November 16, 1989, followed by a formal grand opening ceremony on November 19. In 1997, the store would be converted into one of the first 24 Big Kmarts in Texas, with a grand re-opening ceremony on November 14. The store ultimately closed on April 13, 2003.
References[edit | edit source]
- K mart Corporation, Sales Taxpayer Search, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Burgess, Sheila. "New store will aid Conroe economy." The Courier, November 17, 1989, p. 1A and p. 3A.
- Advertisement, The Courier, November 19, 1989, p. 3A.
- Feser, Katherine. "Big Kmart wants shoppers back: New store design brighter, upscale." Houston Chronicle, November 15, 1997, p. 1C and p. 8C.
- Advertisement, The Baytown Sun, April 11, 2003, p. 7A.
- "Kmart latest" spreadsheet.