|Address||11330 Montwood Drive|
|City||El Paso, Texas|
|Opened||November 15, 1990|
|Closed||July 31, 2016|
|Retail floor area||86,904 square feet (8,073.6 m2)|
|Next tenant||Planet Fitness|
Kmart #3919 was a Kmart discount department store located at Montwood Square, 11330 Montwood Drive in El Paso, Texas. The store opened on November 15, 1990, with a formal grand opening ceremony on November 18. The store would be converted to Big Kmart in 1999, and would have self-checkouts installed in 2002. The store closed on July 31, 2016.
References[edit | edit source]
- Store numbers are shown in the URL. Kmart Store - El Paso, TX, kmart.com, archived by the WayBack Machine on March 22, 2014.
- Baake, Ken. "K mart is Kinder, Gentler: New store's updated image puts skids on polyester picture of its past." El Paso Herald-Post, November 9, 1990, p. D-1 and p. D-2.
- Full-page advertisement, El Paso Herald-Post, November 15, 1990, p. A7.
- Merced, Monica. "Kmart thinks big on remodeling." El Paso Times, May 26, 1999, p. 10D and p. 7D.
- Kolenc, Vic. "2 El Paso stores, Las Cruces outlet offer shopping option: Self-checkout catches on at Kmart." El Paso Times, January 11, 2002, p. 12B and p. 9B.
- Advertisement, El Paso Times, July 24, 2016, p. 7B.