Jump to navigation Jump to search
Store in 1967, prior to the 1998 expansion
|Address||2747 Duniven Circle|
|Opened||November 23, 1962|
|Closed||April 13, 2003|
|Retail floor area||113,104 square feet (10,507.7 m2)|
|Coordinates||35°11′22″N 101°52′09″W / 35.18932°N 101.86909°WCoordinates: 35°11′22″N 101°52′09″W / 35.18932°N 101.86909°W|
Kmart #4023 was a Kmart discount department store located at Kmart Plaza, 2747 Duniven Circle in Amarillo, Texas. The store opened on November 23, 1962 as the first Kmart in Amarillo, one of two stores to open that day for a total of 17 Kmarts overall, and was tied with Kmart 4025 for the fifth Kmart in Texas. In 1998, the store expanded into the former Kmart Foods from a pre-1972 full-size model Kmart and was remodeled to a Big Kmart, with a grand reopening ceremony in November. The store ultimately closed on April 13, 2003, and was demolished for The Home Depot 6831.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ K mart Corporation, Sales Taxpayer Search, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- ↑ "Giant Department-Food Store To Open Friday." Amarillo Daily News, November 22, 1962, p. 2.
- ↑ Rohloff, Greg. "Kmart makes a move to 'big'." Amarillo Sunday News Globe, August 2, 1998, p. 22.
- ↑ Advertisement, Amarillo Daily News, April 11, 2003, p. 4C.
- ↑ "Kmart latest" spreadsheet.