|Location||Park Plaza I|
|Address||4815 Highway 6 North|
|Opened||November 15, 1979|
|Closed||June 2, 2002|
|Type||Group 3 full-size|
|Retail floor area||84,180 square feet (7,821 m2)|
|Next tenant||360 Degrees Beauty Academy and Track 21 Indoor Go Karting (store)|
Meineke Car Care (auto center)
Kmart #3497 was a Kmart discount department store located at Park Plaza I, 4815 Highway 6 North in Houston, Texas. The store opened on November 15, 1979, and was tied with Kmart 3404 for the 114th Kmart in Texas. In 1997, the store would be converted to one of the first 24 Big Kmarts in Texas, with a grand re-opening ceremony on November 14. The store ultimately closed on June 2, 2002.
References[edit | edit source]
- K mart Corporation, Sales Taxpayer Search, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
- Advertisement, Houston Chronicle, November 12, 1979, p. 12.
- Feser, Katherine. "Big Kmart wants shoppers back: New store design brighter, upscale." Houston Chronicle, November 15, 1997, p. 1C and p. 8C.
- Advertisement, Houston Chronicle, May 29, 2002, p. 15-A.
- "Kmart latest" spreadsheet.