Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Address||9484 Dyer Street|
|City||El Paso, Texas|
|Opened||August 3, 1967|
|Closed||March 19, 2017|
|Retail floor area||104,100 square feet (9,670 m2)|
|Next tenant||DD's Discounts #5367, Ross Dress for Less #2077, Five Below #5053, and Burlington #1287 (store)|
Pockets Billiards, Wings & Beer (auto center)
|Coordinates||31°52′48″N 106°25′11″W / 31.87987°N 106.41970°WCoordinates: 31°52′48″N 106°25′11″W / 31.87987°N 106.41970°W|
Kmart #4205 was a Kmart discount department store located at Kmart Plaza, 9484 Dyer Street in El Paso, Texas. The store opened on August 3, 1967 as one of the first two Kmarts in El Paso, one of three stores to open that day for a total of 197 Kmarts overall, and was tied for the 17th Kmart in Texas with Kmart 4201. Between 1989 and 1995, the store would expand into the former Kmart Foods from a pre-1972 full-size model Kmart. In 1999, the store would be converted to Big Kmart. The store ultimately closed on March 19, 2017.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ Store numbers are shown in the URL. Kmart Store - El Paso, TX, kmart.com, archived by the WayBack Machine on March 22, 2014.
- ↑ "Two New K Mart Stores Open Thursday to Serve El Paso Shoppers." El Paso Times, August 2, 1967, p. 5-A.
- ↑ Merced, Monica. "Kmart thinks big on remodeling." El Paso Times, May 26, 1999, p. 10D and p. 7D.
- ↑ Advertisement, El Paso Times, March 11, 2017, p. 8A.
- ↑ "Kmart latest" spreadsheet.